We're releasing the culmination of these efforts today: a vastly improved theming engine and a new Designer Platform.
If you're a designer or developer, head over to the Designer Platform home page, or view our blog post announcing the release in more detail.
Improved Theming Engine
The key improvements to the theming engine include support for:
- Multiple page types: Instead of every page of your site sharing the same layout, you will now be able to create landing pages, splash pages, pages with or without header images, and more -- the types are configurable by each theme, so each theme can be unique in its own way.
- Logo in the header: You will be able to easily upload a logo to replace your site title.
- Search boxes: Themes will now be able to incorporate a search box, allowing your visitors to search your site to find the content they're looking for.
- Fixed text and image areas: Add your phone number and address at the top and bottom of your site, or have Facebook, Twitter and Google+ share buttons more prominently located.
- Multiple draggable areas: These allow your site to have global sidebars and more flexible footer areas like you see on the Weebly homepage.
For everyone else, you’ll be seeing a diverse set of new themes and updates to your existing themes being rolled out over the next few weeks and months. Since these are significant changes, we'll be taking some time to make sure your existing sites can migrate over without a hitch -- the last thing we'd want is for your current site to get messed up.
We’re extremely excited about these updates and can’t wait to get the improvements into your hands as soon as possible. Our renewed focus on design will help make your site both more powerful and attractive.
As always, our team is continuing to work night and day to make Weebly better for you. We appreciate your support and would love to hear your feedback!